#SCSYSL Parent's Code of Conduct
By registering your child(ren) with the Saint Clair Shores Youth Soccer League Waitlist, you agree to abide by our ‘Parent Code of Conduct‘; listed below.
Parents Code of Conduct
By enrolling my child in the St. Clair Shores Youth Soccer League Waitlist, I understand that I have a responsibility to support and promote the philosophy of the league. I therefore agree to be a Supportive Parent by:
- I believe that the primary value for sports is the opportunity for self- development.
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, and game officials at every game, practice or team event and will encourage my child to treat other players, coaches, fans and officials with respect. Regardless of race, gender, creed or ability.
- I understand that the coach is a volunteer, giving of his/her personal time to provide a recreational activity for my child, as well as providing a valuable community service.
- I will support coaches and officials working with my child, in order to encourage a positive and enjoyable experience for all.
- I understand and respect the differences between parental roles and coaching roles
- I will be a cheerleader for the team and will allow the coach to coach, the referees to officiate and most of all, allow my child to play the game.
- I will always be positive and will applaud good plays by my child’s team AND by members of the opposing team.
- I will do my best to control my fellow parents and spectators to make this a positive experience for the players.
- I will allow the referee(s) to officiate the game to the best of their ability and WILL NOT openly question their judgment or their honesty. I will promote that the referees are a symbol of fair play, integrity and sportsmanship.
- I will accept the results of each game and will encourage my child to be gracious in victory and defeat
- I will remember that the game is for the children, not for the adults.
- I will focus on skill development of my child and his/her teammates.
- I WILL NOT BRING PETS TO THE GAMES OR PRACTICES
As a parent of a child in the St. Clair Shores Youth Soccer League I have read, understand and will promote and abide by this Parents Code of Conduct and accept the responsibility of informing my family of the information contained in this parents Code of Conduct.
By registering your player, SCSYSL understands that you accept the terms of the Parent Code of Conduct.
FAILURE TO ABIDE BY THESE TERMS MAY RESULT IN SUSPENSION OR REMOVAL FROM THE SCSYSL FOR YOU AND / OR YOUR PLAYER.